The Laredo Chamber of Commerce Committees are formed by a group of Chamber member volunteers who work to promote participation in Chamber events and activities, to recruit and retain Chamber members and to represent the Chamber at related functions. Their support and commitment contributes to the success of Chamber projects and events.
Committee members participate at scheduled events throughout the year. These events include Ribbon Cuttings/Grand Opening Celebrations, Customer Service Seminars, Annual Awards Banquet and Business After Hours/Power Breakfasts.
If you would like to become an active representative of the Chamber on behalf of your organization, please contact our office at (956) 722-9895.
BIENVENIDOS COMMITTEE / CHAMBER AMBASSADORS
This committee consists of a group of over 25 selected business representatives that conduct groundbreaking or ribbon cutting ceremonies for any business opening, expanding or moving to a new location.
Mission: To welcome new members to the Laredo Chamber of Commerce by fostering a business friendly environment at Chamber events and grand opening ceremonies. Activities and responsibilities of the Committee include the following:
- Monthly committee meetings to go over the schedule of events
- Attend Ribbon Cutting / Groundbreaking Ceremonies
- Active participation at the Annual Business Expo for new members
- Participation as master of ceremonies
For more information about the Chamber Ambassadors or to schedule a ribbon cutting or ground breaking ceremony, contact Cindy Gonzalez, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Mission: To actively recruit Chamber membership through business, civic and educational sectors of the Laredo area by promoting membership benefits and orienting new members towards active participation.
The Membership Committee is focused on bringing new members into the Chamber, making them feel welcomed and helping them recognize the benefits their business will experience. Members of the committee are available to answer questions about membership cost and benefits. Committee members also greet new members at chamber events and introduce them to other business professionals in their contact sphere. Many business relationships have been sparked after an introduction at a chamber event or committee meeting. Membership committee members are always on the lookout for new businesses in town and often will go to new businesses and welcome the owners into the community and invite them to explore the many benefits the chamber has to offer. Activities and responsibilities of the Committee may include the following:
- Work on a retention plan where new benefits are added to Chamber Membership through new ideas and programs.
- Organize and attend Business After Hours, Business of the Month, Business Expo & Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies.
- Contact new members (via email, phone or in person) on behalf of the Chamber to make them feel welcome.
- Maintain the Members Only Chamber VIP Program by constantly looking for new participants and encouraging members to use the card.
For more information about the Membership Committee contact Cindy Gonzalez at email@example.com .
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
The Business Development Committee is responsible for the promotion of professional development practices among Chamber Members.
Mission: To develop an annual Business Development Seminar Program that consists of a series of 12 professional development oriented workshops offered at no cost to all Chamber members. To constantly deliver tips and techniques of exceptional service to Chamber Members; fostering positive image among all Laredo residents.
The committee may contact members via email to promote the advancement of principles and techniques necessary to maintain favorable relations with their customers. Activities and responsibilities of the committee include the following:
1) Facilitate workshops on a monthly basis
2) Organize the Annual 5 Star Service Awards
3) Attend monthly meetings to discuss new ideas regarding Customer Service Seminars & Programs
4) Volunteer for on-site customer service trainings as per members request
The Education Committee promotes continuing education and connects industry needs with educational programs to ensure a skilled workforce for our community.
Mission: To identify, develop and implement the Laredo Scholars student programs that are beneficial for our business community through volunteerism by business leaders.
Activities and responsibilities include:
- Volunteer for on-site Laredo Scholars presentations to students of both school districts.
- Attend monthly meetings to identify new areas of improvement.
- Promote Laredo Scholars by contacting school officials to schedule presentations.
- Organize and participate at the annual School Bell Awards honoring local teachers with the golden bell award.
Leadership Laredo was established in 1986 under the auspices of the Laredo Chamber of Commerce through the collaborative efforts of Leadership Texas Alumni. Leadership Laredo continues to be a non-profit program aimed at challenging Laredo’s best to take an active role in shaping the future of our community.
Mission: To identify proven leaders and nurture local individuals with leadership potential. To expose leaders to the working of our urban system and enable them to broaden their knowledge beyond their particular fields of expertise and improve lines of communication among present and future leaders.
COLA BLANCA COMMITTEE
Over the last 26 years, the Cola Blanca Big Buck Contest has risen to become one of the best recognized hunting contests in the state. With support of Webb County and the City of Laredo, members of the Laredo Chamber’s Cola Blanca Committee travel across the state to participate in hunting trade shows and promotional events. Cola Blanca ads appear regularly in Texas and regional magazines and television broadcasts.
Ranch leases, retail stores, hunting stores, outfitters, hotels, restaurants, even welding shops, all benefit because of the economic impact generated by local and out of town hunting enthusiasts.