Laredo, TX, April 18th, 2018 – The Laredo Chamber of Commerce Small Business Committee recently announced the official schedule of this year’s Small Business Week. In observance of Small Business Week, the Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business Committee is hosting a full slate of programs, starting on May 1st, highlighting the winners of this year’s Small Business Awards.
Small Business Week highlights the vital contributions of entrepreneurs and small business owners to Laredo’s economy. City of Laredo Mayor Pro Temp Charlie San Miguel and Webb County Judge Tano Tijerina declared the 2018 Small Business Week to run from Sunday, April 29th through Saturday, May 5th. They expressed their commitment to this national program by recognizing the small business community as the driving economic force of Laredo’s economy.
The week-long campaign will not only highlight the 2018 Small Businesses Awards, but will also feature a variety of educational, promotional, and networking opportunities. “We are excited to celebrate and provide opportunities for Chamber members and the business community at large during Small Business Week because small businesses are the backbone of our economy. Our committee’s mission is to support local businesses through education, community involvement, professional development and exposure,” said Raul Ugalde, Chairman of the Small Business Committee. “We are thankful to our sponsors that make this program possible” he stated.
As part of Small Business Week, the Laredo Chamber of Commerce also announced the 2018 Small Businesses of the Year Award recipients:
Micro Business of the Year Kwik Copy
Small Business of the Year Great American Cookies
Emerging Business of the Year Ascending Technologies
Entrepreneurial Spirit Orangetheory Fitness Laredo
Influencer Award MileOne Incubator
Young Professionals of the Year Juan Caballero, CPA
Small Business Week will include a robust series of education and networking events targeted to the needs and interests of the small business community.
• Tuesday, May 1st: The week-long celebration begins with a Power Breakfast sponsored by TAMIU Small Business Development Center at 8:00 a.m. with a presentation on Cybersecurity Awareness by Terri L. Williams -CEcD Director UTSA/SBDC Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC).
• Wednesday, May 2nd: The latest trends, products and services will be exhibited by local companies at the B2B Digital Marketing Summit & Expo from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. This year’s Digital Marketing Summit will feature presentations on:
• How to Grow your business with E-Commerce
• Cybersecurity: How to Protect Your Business
• Social Media and Digital Marketing
These presentations are designed to provide practical information that can be used right away to start or protect and grow your businesses. The Business Summit & Expo is open and FREE to the business community and professionals seeking ways to start or grow their business while networking and learning from the experts. The Expo will be immediately followed by the 2018 Small Business Awards at 12:30 pm.
• Thursday, May 3rd : We will conclude the Small Business Week festivities with a Small Business Mixer, sponsored by IBC. The event will run from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., and provides an opportunity to network with other businesses, while also enjoying live music, door prizes, appetizers, drinks and lots of networking.
The Laredo Chamber of Commerce is the oldest established business organization in Laredo, Texas and represents over 650 members in various industries ranging from financial institutions and retailers to transportation, logistics and service providers.
The Laredo Chamber of Commerce is accredited by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce with a 4-star accreditation rating. It is a member of the Texas Association of Mexican American Chambers of Commerce (TAMACC), the American Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE), and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
For more details on Small Business Week please call (956) 722-9895 and stay connected on Facebook at Laredo Chamber of Commerce.