KILLAM HANDS OFF TORCH TO INCOMING
CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD
Laredo, TX (October 4, 2021) – Outgoing Chairman of the Board for the Laredo Chamber of Commerce Cliffe Killam will officially hand over the reins of the organization to his successor, Michael A. Marasco, at a ceremony to be held on Tuesday, October 12th, 2021. As is customary, the outgoing chairman will preside over the ceremony and recognize the many volunteers who assisted in carrying forth his program of work during the year.
Annually, the Laredo Chamber of Commerce hosts a ceremony at the end of its fiscal year to recognize volunteers. This year’s event will be held at the Laredo Country Club Colonnade Ballroom at 6 p.m.
The Chamber Awards ceremony will be held in place of the regularly scheduled Board of Directors meeting. As is traditional, the program will also serve to introduce the incoming Chairman of the Board and the new slate of officers. Heading the FY 2021-2022 team will be Chairman of the Board Michael A. Marasco, President at McDonald’s Restaurants of Laredo. Other members of the 2021-2022 Executive Committee are: Chairman Elect; Gabriel Castillo (International Bank of Commerce), Treasurer; Rosa Cruz (BBVA USA Now a Part of PNC), and Council Chairs; Juan Arroyo (L&F Distributors), Adrian Zapata (A to Z Management & Insurance), Gonzalo Prida (Prida Consorcio Aduanal) , Catalina Dickerson (The J.M. Dickerson Law Firm, PLLC), A.B. Barrera (PMDG Marketing Communications), and Cliffe Killam (Killam Development, Ltd), Past Chairman.
Traditionally, following the recognition of volunteers, the outgoing chairman calls on the new chairman and presents him/her with the gavel. The new chairman then closes the meeting as his/her first official action of the new year.
Following is the list of awards to be presented by outgoing Chairman Cliffe Killam:
- Spirit of Laredo Award – to be presented to the Women in Leadership Committee in recognition of their dedication to the WLC embodying the spirit of the Chamber.
Abelina Veliz Perez Texas Community Bank
Catalina Dickerson The J.M. Dickerson Law Firm, PLLC
Diana Ortiz Laredo College
Imelda Rodriguez Falcon International Bank
Jackie Jimenez Main Event
Leticia G. Martinez Laredo Title and Abstract
Lisa Morales Lula Morales Realty
Magali Rodriguez La Quinta Inn & Suites Laredo Airport
Melissa Huddleston Laredo Motor Carriers Association
Olivia Varela Chair, Government Affairs Committee
Priscilla Salinas Laredo Medical Center
Rosa Cruz BBVA USA Now a Part of PNC
Rosanne Palacios Texas A&M International University
Rossy Chase BBVA Now a Part of PNC
Sandra Mendiola Alaniz RE/MAX Real Estate Services
Sandra Valdez Elite Employment Services, LLC.
- Un Poquito Más Award — Presented to A.B. Barrera and Francisco “Paco”Barrientos – PMDG Marketing Communications for their unwavering support and guidance to help lead the organization to success.
- Order of Los Dos Laredos Award – Presented to Gonzalo Prida – Multimodal Logistics in recognition of his commitment to promote welfare and business development of Los Dos Laredos.
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Presented to Miguel A. Conchas, former President/CEO of the Laredo Chamber of Commerce, in appreciation for the 35 years of ongoing commitment and dedicated service to the organization.
- Chairman’s Challenge Award – Presented to Lorena Rodriguez and Sandra Mendiola Alaniz in recognition of their outstanding and superb efforts in the Chairman’s Challenge competition.
- Committee Chairperson of the Year Award – Presented to Olivia Varela, in recognition of her leadership and dedication chairing the Government Affairs Committee.
- Leadership Laredo Award – Presented to Adrian Zapata – A to Z Management and Insurance, in recognition of his unyielding support and dedication to the Youth Leadership Laredo Program.
- Board Member of the Year – Presented to Michael A. Marasco– McDonald’s Restaurants of Laredo in special recognition and appreciation for his outstanding commitment and dedication.
- County Champion Award – Presented to The Honorable Judge Tano E. Tijerina – Webb County Judge, in recognition of his unyielding support and leadership for the business community and the Laredo Chamber in our County.
- City Champion Award – Presented to The Honorable Pete Saenz, Jr. – City of Laredo Mayor, in recognition of his unyielding support and leadership for the business community and the Laredo Chamber in our City.
- Honorary Chamber Ambassador – Presented to Robert A. Eads – City Manager, in recognition of his unwavering support of the business community and the Laredo Chamber.
- Honorary Chamber Ambassador – Presented to Adelaido “Lalo” Uribe – Webb County Executive Administrator, in recognition of his unwavering support of the business community and the Laredo Chamber.
- Amigo of the Chamber Award – Presented to Humberto “Tito” Gonzalez, in recognition to his dedication leading the Education Committee.
Tickets to the 2021 Awards Ceremony are $150 per person and $100 for Chamber members. Sponsorship opportunities are also available. For additional information contact the Laredo Chamber of Commerce at (956) 722-9895 or email email@example.com.
About the Chamber
Founded in 1915, the Laredo Chamber of Commerce is Laredo’s and Webb County’s longest running business organization. Headquartered at 2310 San Bernardo Ave. since 1974, the Laredo Chamber has been an advocate for the local business community for over a century. With 608 members
representative of every industry in the community, the Laredo Chamber is accredited with 5 stars by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Only 200 chambers out of 7000 across the country are accredited by this organization.
# # #